Working from home (WFH) is the new normal for many of us during the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) season as we continue to WhatsApp, Skype, WebEx, and Zoom into each other’s homes while closely observing the #stayhome #dudukrumah order.
Working from home can be productive, or it can open us up to distractions. Some tips to create a conducive work from home environment:-
[expander_maker id=”2″ more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]
- Carve out a work space, it might be a special chair or even a spot at the kitchen table
- Tidy the area around it up to reduce distractions
- Collect and arrange the essentials that you need for your daily work
- Be close to a power point for quick charging
- Ensure enough light to reduce strain on eyes
- Use headphones to reduce external noise
- Let the family or housemates know that this is your workspace; ask children to respect your space
- Shift to another work from home space if you need a change of scene, for example move from the living room to the kitchen
By now you may have had a sneak peek into the work from home set-ups of your colleagues and business partners. We asked the team from About Communication to share their work from home set-ups.
What is your work from home set-up?
Continue with the social distancing. Wash hands frequently with soap, disinfect regularly used surfaces, sneeze or cough into your elbow, dispose of used tissue paper responsibly, and use a mask if heading out. And most importantly – #StayAtHome / #DudukRumahDiamDiam.
Share your work from home set-up as you help to flatten the curve and reduce the spread of Covid-19. Use the hashtag #wfhsetup and tag us @_aboutcom in Instagram and @aboutcom.my in Facebook.