Luxury tour operator Scott Dunn has more than thirty years of experience in planning unique itineraries to more than 90 destinations around the world. With the increasing demand for food-inspired holiday experiences, Scott Dunn reveals a refined selection of suggested itineraries for immersive culinary escapes. From spice market visits to learn about the fragrant spices of India to sampling the fine wines and cheese of France in historical chateaux, this list showcases unique ways to fully absorb the world’s most renowned cuisines – set to impress even the most discerning foodies.
FRANCE FOR FOODIES: Paris, Champagne, Burgundy, Loire Valley
This luxury itinerary offers both a cultural and culinary exploration of a few of France’s most captivating regions. From the iconic sights of Paris to Champagne tastings and vineyard picnics comprised of the finest cheese, while discovering medieval villages and historical chateaux along the way, guests will experience all things decadent in a country renowned for gastronomic excellence.
- A three Michelin starred fine-dining experience in Paris
- Private tastings in top Champagne houses and family run wine estates
- Wine tasting while cycling through the vineyards of Burgundy
WINES & VINES OF SOUTH AMERICA: Buenos Aires, Mendoza, Colchagua Valley, Valparaiso
This is the perfect itinerary for wine and food aficionados looking to explore the most prestigious wine-growing regions of Argentina and Chile in comfort. The suggested trip allows guests to indulge in sumptuous steaks while sampling some of the best new world vintages in the renowned wineries of Mendoza and the Colchagua Valley.
For a refreshing finish, the trip comes to a relaxing end on the Pacific Coast in the colourful World Heritage city of Valparaiso.
- Sampling the best of Argentinean and Chilean wines and cuisine
- Insight into the inventive cooking styles in Buenos Aires, from parillas to molecular cuisine
- Access to the freshest seafood on the coast in Valparaiso
AUSTRALIAN GOURMET TRAIL: Sydney, Bouddi National Park, Melbourne, Daylesford, Apollo Bay, Barossa Valley & Margaret River
This journey through Australia’s most arresting landscapes offers travellers the opportunity to enjoy spectacular cuisine, award winning wines and world renowned restaurants. From Sydney’s famed Tetsuyas to the Bohemian side of Melbourne’s bars and eateries and the expansive vineyards of the Barossa and Margaret River regions – this is the ultimate trip for lovers of all things gourmet.
- A full immersion into Australia’s abundant and varied wine industry
- A true ‘paddock to plate’ experience at Alla Wolf-Tasker’s iconic Lakehouse restaurant
- Visits to the local markets and artisan producers of Margaret River
A CULINARY ADVENTURE TO KERALA: Cochin, Thekkady & Backwaters
This itinerary has been designed for travellers who’d relish a truly authentic culinary adventure. It covers everything from a journey to plantations where spices are produced to local spice market visits and accommodation at homestays for lessons on how to cook traditional Indian cuisine.
- Two cooking classes at the excellent Philip Kutty Farm
- Spice plantation visit to see the vital ingredients of one of the world’s best loved cuisines brough to life
- A stay at boutique hotel Malabar House, located in the heart of Fort Cochin, and housed in a building dating back to 1755
LUXURY SKI CHALET EXPERIENCE: Courchevel 1850, Courchevel 1550, St Anton & Val d’Isère
Scott Dunn’s selection of luxury ski chalet’s in Europe are all complemented by their renowned chalet service. Private chef’s will tailor a menu to each guest’s liking, from gourmet breakfasts to freshly-baked cakes and canapés to dinners served with carefully selected fine wines. With roaring log fires and bubbling flutes of Champagne to indulge in, the exclusive chalets provide a luxurious base from which to sample comforting European cuisine.
- A private chef to tailor make a menu to each guest’s preferences
- Wine pairing and Laurent Perrier Champagne
- Chic chalet accommodation in some of Europe’s most luxurious chalets
For more information please visit www.scottdunn.com