Have you tried this latest option yet?
WhatsApp continues to expand its service by taking up landline owners to register for their texting application now. That means you could now text as your home or company instead as an individual.
But how is that possible? All you need to do is by downloading the separate WhatsApp for Business app on your smartphone. Although it is developed for business owners, it can be actually downloaded by anyone. One of the many differences it has compared to the usual WhatsApp includes having the FAQ ready to answer clients or customers’ questions.
One needs to find WhatsApp for Business in the App store/Playstore, install it and follow some simple instructions to set your landline into WhatsApp.
According to WhatsApp website’s FAQ, the requirements to register the WhatsApp business is as follows:
- You can only verify a phone number that you own. You can either use a mobile phone or a landline (fixed) number.
- You must be able to receive phone calls or SMS to the phone number you’re trying to verify.
- You must have all call-blocking settings, apps, or task-killers disabled.
- If you’re verifying through your mobile phone, you must have a working Internet connection through mobile data or Wi-Fi. If you’re roaming or have a bad connection, verification may not work. Try opening https://www.whatsapp.com/business/ on your mobile phone’s Internet browser to see if you’re connected to the Internet.
- If you’re verifying through a landline, tap Call me to request a phone call to receive your verification code.
Unfortunately, there is a limitation to landline for WhatsApp use. Let’s say you wish to register an account with an extension number from one landline; this would be unavailable as per the FAQ.
How effective and useful this latest option by WhatsApp is yet to be seen.