As we reach the last leg of the Movement Control Order (MCO) which will last till the 12th of May 2020, most people would have either turned into pro-chefs or bakers at home or have discovered a new found love for cooking and baking regardless of the cuisine.
To keep cost low from taking-away food and paying extra for delivery services, just stock up a little on can food or whip up anything that you can find in your pantry. We are going to share one recipe per day that you can enjoy trying out at home either for yourself or your loved ones.
If you’re a beginner and have been wanting to make some curries, now is probably a good time to do so. If you have a tin of mackerel and couple of vegetables such as ladies fingers and brinjal, you’re in luck! Whip up a curry in no time.
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 can of Ayam Brand Mackerel in Tomato Sauce 425g
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 2 ladies fingers, diced
- 1 small brinjal, diced
- 1/4 cup tamarind juice
- 200ml Ayam Brand Coconut Milk
- Salt & pepper
MIX AND GRIND
- 5 shallots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2cm piece of ginger
- 2 tbsp Fish Curry Powder
MIXING & FRYING
- In a pot, heat up the oil and stir fry the curry leaves.
- Then add in the ground ingredients from the blender and stir fry it until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, ladies fingers and the brinjal pieces.
- Then add the tomato sauce from the mackerel can, the tamarind juice and half of the
coconut cream and season to taste.
For a rich curry, allow the gravy to thicken.
Then add the mackerel pieces and the balance coconut cream to keep the coconut aroma.
Let it simmer for another 2 – 3 minutes and stir it gently so you don’t break the fishes.
Garnish with slice chillies to give a nice colour combination and serve it with warm rice.