You’ve discovered your talent for whipping up healthy, tasty and surprisingly affordable meals during the Movement Control Order (MCO). Now that we are in the final Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) period you need to up your game with new recipes that level up the taste, presentation and healthiness factor.
Alce Nero, the leading organic brand in Italy, has got you covered with five simple yet stunning recipes using their pastas. All the recipes use pantry staples but if you do not have some ingredients, simply substitute with what you do have. While pasta is the main ingredient in each recipe, the flavours, textures and look are varied.
How about a change from tomato-based pastas? Try this no-cream carbonara instead. All you need is Alce Nero pasta, eggs, cheese, mushrooms and beef or turkey bacon. Don’t have bacon? Substitute with minced beef or chicken. Don’t have parmesan cheese? Don’t despair and use mozzarella, cheddar, or cream cheese instead.
In just 30 minutes you can twirl up a café-quality carbonara meal for four!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serving: 4 people
- 300g Alce Nero Organic Spaghetti
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese for cooking
- 6 beef or turkey bacon, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper (optional)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese for serving
- Cook spaghetti with the salt until al dente. Drain but keep one cup of the cooked water.
- Beat the eggs, black pepper and cheese in a bowl and set aside.
- In a pan, heat cooking oil with medium heat. Add the beef/bacon and mushrooms, and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cooked spaghetti in.
- Pour in the egg and cheese sauce then quickly mix it with the spaghetti and beef/bacon until it is well coated. Make sure it doesn’t become scrambled egg. Add one tablespoon of cooked pasta water at a time until you reach the desired consistency of sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Add extra parmesan cheese on top.