You’ve discovered your talent for whipping up healthy, tasty and surprisingly affordable meals during the Movement Control Order (MCO). Now that we are in the final Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) period you need to up your game with new recipes that level up the taste, presentation and healthiness factor.
Cheesy Baked Penne with Eggplant
Just four ingredients and 25 minutes to create this sublime dinner. Cook Alce Nero organic penne, alternate layers of pasta, Alce Nero pasta sauce, eggplant (or any vegetable available) and cheese in an oven proof dish, topping it with more cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and it is done. So simple, tasty and Instagrammable!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serving: 4 people
- 1 jar Alce Nero Pasta Sauce with Vegetables
- 4 cups Alce Nero Penne
- 1 Eggplant, sliced thinly
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese, for sauce
- 1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese, for sauce
- 1 cup extra grated mozzarella cheese, for topping
- Heat oven at 180c.
- Cook pasta as directed and drain. Reserve about ¼ cup of the pasta water.
- In another pot, pour in the pasta water and the pasta sauce. Let it simmer a little bit.
- Remove from heat. Add in the pasta, eggplant and all of the cheese. Mix well.
- In a casserole dish, pour in the cheesy pasta mix. Add the extra mozzarella cheese on top of the pasta. Bake for 20 minutes until eggplant is fully cooked and cheese melted.
- Serve warm with paired with your favourite drink.