You’ve discovered your talent for whipping up healthy, tasty and surprisingly affordable meals during the Movement Control Order (MCO). Now that we are in the final Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) period you need to up your game with new recipes that level up the taste, presentation and healthiness factor.
Macaroni Chicken Soup
Chicken soup is perfect for hibernating or when one feels a little under the weather – an immunity booster, and a feel good food. Good chicken soup is a simple one pot wonder that needs a lot of chicken and time. Add Alce Nero organic macaroni to savour more of the hearty soup, and increase the health benefits. Be prepared for kids and adults asking for more of this scrumptious soup!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours
Serving: 4 people
- 3 tablespoon of Alce Nero Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 cups Alce Nero Macaroni
- 1kg chicken bones
- 8 chicken drumsticks/wings
- 3 stalks celery, sliced thinly
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 5 litres of plain water
*Alternatively, you may use readymade chicken stock and add the chicken and vegetables.
- Boil the water and add the chicken, chicken bones, celery, onion, carrot, garlic and apple cider vinegar. Bring to boil and reduce heat. Season with salt and pepper – Simmer for about 2 hours.
- Once done, remove the chicken bones and remove from heat.
- In a serving bowl, add the macaroni and pour in the warm chicken soup and chicken. Serve while hot.