Iskandar Malaysia: On Track to Achieve RM383 Billion Target by 2025


As Iskandar Malaysia sails through its third development phase from 2016 – 2025 focusing on Sustainability & Innovation, the region’s inflow of investments from domestic and foreign investors continues to grow.

“Iskandar Malaysia recorded a total of RM19.8 billion in investment from January 2018 until 30th September 2018, leading to a committed cumulative investment of RM272.90 billion from 2006 until 30th September 2018,” said Datuk Ismail Ibrahim, Chief Executive of Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA).

Datuk Ismail said that despite the current global challenges, Iskandar Malaysia is on track and optimistic to achieve its investment target this year.

“For the 3rd quarter of 2018, the top five sectors that contributed to the total investments are mixed development with a total of RM9.7 billion and followed by Logistics (RM670 million), Creative (RM540 million), Education (RM540 million), and Tourism (RM320 million).

Domestic investors contributed 60% to the total committed investment or equivalent to RM164.9 billion and the other 40% or RM108 billion comes from foreign investors. “This inflow of investment will continue to benefit the Rakyat in many different ways, such as more job and business opportunities, as being inclusive has always been at the heart of the development in Iskandar Malaysia,” added Datuk Ismail.